Pan de Muerto
What You Will Need
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp aniseed
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups whole wheat ﬂour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Sprinkle of beetroot sugar
- Natural food coloring (varied)
How To Make It
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup of ﬂour, aniseed, applesauce, bananas, and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine water, eggs, and orange zest. Pour into dough mixture, adding an additional 1/3 cup of ﬂour and whisking to combine.
- Add another 1/3 cup of ﬂour, along with packet of yeast, and combine with a whisk.
- Add 2 cups of ﬂour, and stir with a wooden spoon (dough will start to thicken).
- Cover bowl with a dampened towel and let sit to rise for one hour.
- Sprinkle ﬂour on your hands, and form 6 balls of dough, setting them on a baking sheet.
- Save about 1/5 of the dough, using the remaining dough to form a criss-cross shape on top of each loaf.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for another 45 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While cooling, make a glaze by combining maple syrup and orange juice in a small saucepan. Heat the glaze in a saucepan until completely combined and simmering.Use a brusher to glaze the Pan de Muerto, and ﬁnish oﬀ with a sprinkle of beetroot sugar to serve.
What You Will Need
- 2 cups of non-fat milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- Garnish Cinnamon stick, star anise, and sprinkle with cinnamon
How To Make It
- Place milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and bittersweet chocolate in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, and whisk together until smooth.
- Add in cinnamon and cayenne pepper, and whisk again.
- Continue to heat on medium until the hot chocolate becomes fragrant.
- Serve with garnishes and enjoy!
Click Here to Download the Instructions
Like COCO on Facebook
Follow COCO on Twitter
Follow COCO on Instagram
Visit the official COCO website here
Pan de Muerto & Hot Chocolate Recipe Provided By The Walt Disney Company
© Disney. All rights reserved.
It’s time for the biggest fight of the year, Are you ready to cheer on your favorite Chef at CULINARY FIGHT FEST on Sunday, August 13th from 11-3pm. This years FIGHT FEST is going to be at the Hard Rock Cafe located at 63 W Ontario St Chicago, Illinois 60654.
Past Culinary Fight Club Competitors and Winners are invited to share their signature Bite on August 13. It’s up to you to choose who will be the Top 4 Best Bites that will continue on compete in the Ultimate Battle to win the Culinary Fight Fest Regional Champion Trophy.
Get your tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-chicago-culinary-fight-fest-tickets-31272830879
Meet The Chefs
Here’s how that works. Attendees receive 4 chips to vote for their Fave Bites. The Top 4 overall Fave Bites will throw down in a CFF Choice 30-minute Battle.
Learn More About Culinary Fight Club Here
Our Tastes of the Mediterranean
When a friend of mine invited me to the #MeetTheMedi VR dining experience with her, I was like totally YES! I love Olive Garden. I mean I LOVE their bread sticks! And I had no idea Olive Garden had a section of the menu featuring entrees that have 600 calories or less.
We arrived at the station gathered our tickets and sipped champagne before heading to the platform for our train to the Mediterranean as we waited we mingled with the fellow passengers while sipping our Green Apple Moscato Sangria. The train conductor shouted out the train had arrived. We boarded the train to begin our trip to #MeetTheMedi We dined in a train car with video screens and sounds mimicking a train trip across the Italian country side.
WELL OF COURSE WE HAD SALAD
CHICKEN MARGHERITA – Grilled chicken breasts topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil pesto and a lemon garlic sauce. Served with parmesan crusted zucchini.
SHRIMP SCAMPI – Shrimp sautéed in a garlic sauce, tossed with asparagus, tomatoes and angel hair pasta.
CHICKEN PICCATA – Grilled chicken topped with a lemon garlic butter sauce, sun-dried tomatoes and capers. Served with parmesan crusted zucchini.
LINGUINE DI MARE – Shrimp and mussels sauteed with homemade pomodoro sauce and whole grain linguine.
AND DESSERT …….
I simply can’t believe ALL of these dishes are under 600 calories. I’ll be back again and again. Thanks SO much to Olive Garden for the preview. Be sure to check them out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
What is Culinary Fight Club?
Culinary Fight Club hosts live cooking competitions. No two events are the same. The teams of cooks race for 45 seconds to choose 15 ingredients from the pantry of food provided by Reinhart Foodservice.
Once the ingredients are collected, each team has 60 minutes to construct a dish that depicts their take on the monthly theme. These Chefs and cooks of all levels around the area compete for a “Golden Ticket,” to advance to the Super Bowl of “food sport” events, the World Food Championships! Once the timer hit 60 minutes, the audience members and judges sample and vote on a winning dish.
The most amazing part about this concept is that the Culinary Fight Club is partnered with Fight2Feed, which 20% of proceeds are donated. This is an organization that partners with top restaurants and food trucks to provide service and support to hungry men, women and children.
This Months Chefs and Their Dishes
Paul Caravelli and Greg Gaardbo (THEY WON!)
The Marshmallow Fairy, Jennifer Erin Cox
Chef Criag Couper
Chef Miguel Rangel
Our Winners Are!
Paul Caravelli and Greg Gaardbo
When and Where is the next one?
The location changes every month, Check here to find out and get your tickets! Don’t forget to like Culinary Fight Club on Facebook and follow on Twitter to be sure you’re getting all the latest information.
Chicago will kick off the 2017 Culinary Fight Club Season with The Savory Chocolate at Lucky Strike on Monday 2/13!
WHAT IS CULINARY FIGHT CLUB?
Monthly Live Cooking Competitions around Chicago produced by CULINARY Fight Club. Each month fires up with a new theme, ingredients, contestants, judges, prizes, and location!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Contestants or Teams have (60) minutes to impress (3) judges, using (1) 10k BTU Burner and (15) supplied raw ingredients & (3) surprise ingredients, all to be judged on that one perfect bite! Hungry, don’t worry there is also a Taster’s Choice Award too! So attendees are encouraged to grab a tasting spoon, dig in and vote for their favorite bite!
Come on out and cheer for your favorite Chef for 3rdAnnual Sip+Bite Fundraiser Throwdown at Bottled Blonde Chicago 504 N Wells St, Chicago, Illinois 60654 on Monday 12/19 at 6pm.
This month, we pay homage to THE PERFECT SIP PAIRED WITH THE PERFECT BITE. They’ve put some amazing chefs head to head to see how they can create their signature Sip+Bite to represent ChiTown in one hour. You don’t want to miss this!
Registration link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/culinary-fight-club-sipbite-tickets-21130675419
Culinary Fight Club is a live cooking competition where chefs have 45 seconds to grab all the ingredients they can in order to cook the best dish they can. Chefs can also bring 3 secret ingredients to help their chances. Four judges will choose the official winner and our audience will choose a People’s Choice winner.
Learn More About Culinary Fight Club Here